Re: tlug: latex2html with Linux

    Dmytro> Also I ran latex2html with -no_fork parameter. Same
    Dmytro> result.

    Stephen> == helps but too big?

No, result was, that there were no result ;) i.e. it died after a
l-o-o-ong and hard work, and produced nothing

    Stephen> According to the HTML man of changes for 98.1, alternate
    Stephen> font encodings are supported.  Unfortunately it only
    Stephen> seems to handle ISO-8859 encodings (plus Unicode).  If
    Stephen> you know what the Ukrainian to Unicode mapping is, it
    Stephen> might be pretty easy to hack in the table, and you could
    Stephen> do "latex2html -html_version 3.2,ukrainian,unicode ..."

Ok, but is it really problem of codings? If, for example, I don't care
about coding at all and all what I need is to convert latex's \bla{ }
to html's <bla> </bla> for an arbitrary 8 bit characters text.  I
thought codepage parameter is used in latex2html only to put correct
<META encoding= > tag.  Am I wrong?

PS I'm deleting that <META > from HTML output afterwards, because
Netscape is not supporting correctly Cyrillic (KOI8) page.

- Dmytro

    Stephen> followed by a sed or perl script that translates the
    Stephen> `&#123;' Unicode sequences back to Ukrainian.  The main
    Stephen> remaining problem would be if the Ukrainian encoding is
    Stephen> not ISO-2022 compatible, which I would guess it isn't if
    Stephen> latex2html is blowing chunks on it.

    Stephen> -- University of Tsukuba Tennodai 1-1-1 Tsukuba 305-8573
    Stephen> JAPAN Institute of Policy and Planning Sciences Tel/fax:
    Stephen> +81 (298) 53-5091
    Stephen> __________________________________________________________________________
    Stephen> __________________________________________________________________________
    Stephen> What are those two straight lines for?  "Free software
    Stephen> rules."
    Stephen> Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
    Stephen> 03-3275-3691 Next Technical Meeting: April 10 (Sat),
    Stephen> 12:30 place: Temple Univ.
    Stephen> more info: http://tlug.linux.or.jp Sponsor: PHT
Dmytro Kovalev
Tokyo FI UNIX SA, Consultant
E-mail: dmytro.kovalev@example.com
Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30  Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691