Re: tlug: Drawing tools

    Frank> Dear Andy, I remember one of the errors you're getting (it
    Frank> was awhile back, I'd forgotten).  I think I just edited the
    Frank> tkined script to eliminate the "jp"; the version checker
    Frank> wants only letters.  It's at the very top of the script.

Frank,

	Thanks, it looks like that was part of it. It seems that
tcl8.0jp is broken. It sets it version number to 8.0jp. The man page
for tcl's package command says:

"Version numbers consist of one or more decimal numbers separated by
dots, such as 2 or 1.162 or 3.1.13.1."

This turns up in
	/usr/lib/tkX8.0.4/pkgIndex.tcl
	/usr/lib/tclX8.0.4/pkgIndex.tcl

with a statment like:

if {[info tclversion] < 8.0jp} return

When I installed scotty, it had this silly dependency as well. I went
as far a taking the old TL spec files for tcltk-8.0jp and made a new one
for 8.0.4 with the JP patches <RANT> why don't Japanese patches get
integrated? Arrrggg </RANT> I did the same for scotty as well.

Anyway, I'm still not sure where the "jp" makes its way into the
version number yet. Maybe someone here knows??? I'll search around a
bit more.

Anyway, if anyone wants the spec files, I'll be glad to send them.

Regards,

	Andy
Next Technical Meeting: February 13 (Sat), 12:30 place: Temple Univ.
** presentation: XEmacs, by Steven Baur and Martin Buchholz
Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30   Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691