Re: tlug: Re: Test messages: Where's good?

    Chris> On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

    >> My excuse is that I don't consider that a "firewall."

I've always thought of masq as a multiplexer.  I didn't say it was a
valid excuse.

    Chris> It's a perfectly valid example of a firewall.  I actually
    Chris> prefer masq to traditional firewalls.

On the argument that by hiding the true IP address outsiders can't see
an inside box at all, unless the inside box contacts them first?  Then
this allows more freedom for outgoing connections from the inside
boxes?  Sounds dangerous.

Next Technical Meeting: February 13 (Sat), 12:30 place: Temple Univ.
** presentation: XEmacs, by Steven Baur and Martin Buchholz
Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30   Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691