Re: tlug: Freezing

On Thu, 21 Jan 1999, Renaud ITIER wrote:

> -added the line in the conf.modules for alias eth0 ne2k-pci and eth1
> ne2k-pci (tried without too)

The drivers are modules as opposed to being compiled in the kernel?  I'd
try putting them directly in the kernel -- removes one level of complexity
while debugging.

> =>ipconfig on eth0 is no problem. Same for eth1, but few seconds after I
> plug the ethernet cable in the eth1 slot, the machine just hangs.

I assume that's a typo for ifconfig?

Exactly what arguments are you passing to ifconfig for each card?

What kernel is this, anyway?

-- Chris

Next Technical Meeting: February 13 (Sat), 12:30 place: Temple Univ.
** presentation: XEmacs, by Steven Baur and Martin Buchholz
Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30   Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691