Re: tlug: Acrobat reader and libXt

On Sun, 17 Jan 1999, Jonathan Byrne wrote:

> Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 01:11:40 +0900 (JST)
> From: Jonathan Byrne <jq@example.com>
> Subject: tlug: Acrobat reader and libXt
>
> I just installed Acrobat reaader for Linux 3.01, and when I run it, it
> says "can't load libary 'libXt.s0.6' and dies.  Can somebody clue me in
> as to what libXt.so.6 is, where it should  be, and if it's normal for
> that to not be in TurboLinux (3.0-J)?
>
> Oh, and what to do about getting libXt.so.6, too :-)

        i am not really sure but....
        but it should be in your
                                /usr/X11R6/lib/
        or in your              /usr/ix86-linuxaout/lib/.

        It usually gos in /usr/ix86-linuxaout/lib,
        and it is used to provide backwards compatibility
        for dynamically linked a.out format X binaries.
	(i think...)

-=-=-=-=-=

        i am not sure about TL, but usually it comes with
        the oldlibs package or the x332 package on slackware.

        i think on TL which is readhat based, it would come
        with the aout-libs-1.4-7.i386.rpm.  and it would
        be located in
                                /usr/i486-linuxaout/lib/

		you can look for that rpm on your installation
		disks.  you can use rpm to querry that package
		just to make sure its in there....

	{
        i dont know about the normal TL installs, but i would
        assume you have a choice to install it or not along w/
        other libs. with the X11 packages. but dont know fer sure.  ;)
	}

-~-=-~-=-=

        hope thats not wrong...&&
        hope that helps a little....

  History has taught us: never underestimate the amount of money, time,
  and effort someone will expend to thwart a security system. It's
  always better to assume the worst. Assume your adversaries are better
  than they are. Assume science and technology will soon be able to do
  things they cannot yet.               --Bruce Schneier

Next Nomikai: 14 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
*** it will will be Jan 14 (Thu), as Jan 15 (Fri) is a natl holiday
Next Technical Meeting: Feb 13 (Sat), 12:30    ace: Temple Univ.