Re: tlug: xboing

At Mon, 11 Jan 1999 19:17:53 +0900,
Neil Booth <NeilB@example.com> wrote:

> Am I the only one for whom "xboing" hogs 100% of cpu?
>
> Also, for me, the sound tends to fall behind the game action, i.e. it's
> not real time. Is this a sound configuration problem, or just the game?

It's the game (I suppose :-)
I used to play xboing on SPARCstatic 2 a several years ago,
but when I play it on these-day's PC,
the ball moves too fast and I can't hit it even once.
# Even with sound-on, SFX-on, speed low

After I quit the game, the pending sounds in the buffer
takes time to be consumed.

For me, it seems there's no timer used in xboing.
It's just running in full speed, which was good enough
for those SPARCstations.
# Not sure for the latest version.

--- Kenichiro TANAKA
Next Nomikai: 14 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
*** it will will be Jan 14 (Thu), as Jan 15 (Fri) is a natl holiday
Next Technical Meeting: Feb 13 (Sat), 12:30    ace: Temple Univ.