RE: tlug: Dynamic DNS

    Jim> Hi, ---Stephen Carter <carter@example.com> wrote:

    Jim> How long it lasts is another question.

    Andy> Not very long, at least for me, I think. I signed up Tokyu
    Andy> Cable's cable modem service. Before I signed up I called
    Andy> their support and asked about getting a static IP. They said
    Andy> they are working on it. Ok, I told him, I can use dynamic
    Andy> DNS in the meantime.

    Andy> Well, I finally started playing with it today. I tried to
    Andy> telnet from work to the DHCP assigned IP address. No luck!

    Andy>   inet addr:172.16.49.239 Bcast:172.16.51.255
    Andy> Mask:255.255.252.0

Arrggg. I figured it out. They are using private ip address. Taihen
bummer desu. :(

    Andy> Dejected, ( rejected ??? )

	Doubly dejected,

		Andy
Next Nomikai: 14 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
*** it will will be Jan 14 (Thu), as Jan 15 (Fri) is a natl holiday
Next Technical Meeting: Feb 13 (Sat), 12:30    ace: Temple Univ.