Re: tlug: Sun SPARC ss2

On Wed, 6 Jan 1999, Chris Sekiya wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Jan 1999, Kilian Muster wrote:
>
> > FAILURE: No Trap Taken, Exp Trap Type = 00000009
>
> Either non-parity RAM or mixed three-chip and nine-chip SIMMs.

Are 3-chip SIMMs OK in Sparcs?  I sometimes see them around, but didn't
know if they worked or not.

The other day I was walking down a street in Akihabara and went past a
junk shop and saw a couple of IPXes and a couple of tape drive boxes (no
drives) and wandered over to look, where I made a nice discovery: they
were selling 4 meg 30-pin parity SIMMs for 1000 yen a stick.  Needless
to say, I dug deep into my pocked and took home 16 of them, which was
over half the stock (if I'd have had more money, I would have taken it
all at that price).

How's your job satisfaction these days?  If it's low, we just hired a
new CTO and I think he may be interested in hiring some programming
talent.

Are you still looking for a new apartment?

Jonathan

Jonathan Byrne                                   Engineering Division
Global Online Japan                              http://www.gol.com/
Tel:  +81 03-5334-1700   Fax: +81-03-5334-1701   Direct: +81-03-5334-1756

Next Nomikai: 14 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
*** it will will be Jan 14 (Thu), as Jan 15 (Fri) is a natl holiday
Next Technical Meeting: 13 February, 12:30               Place: TBD