Re: tlug: yudit, truetype

    Tony> Happy New Year, All!  May it be a very good year.

    Tony> Please forgive a couple more beginners questions:

    Tony> 1) Are msgothic.ttf, mingliu.ttf, etc. available for
    Tony> download on the Internet? I haven't been able to find them;
    Tony> yudit is asking for them on startup.

I would guess that msgothic.ttf is a Microsoft font, off of Win/9x or
NT. I don't know about the other one.

    Tony> 2) Is there a linux app which can grep through the contents
    Tony> of gzipped files?

zgrep should do it. If you don't have that, you could  do:

	gzip -cd file.gz|grep something

The "-c" send output to stdout, and "-d" decompresses.

Hope this helps,

	Andy
Next Nomikai: 14 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
*** it will will be Jan 14 (Thu), as Jan 15 (Fri) is a natl holiday
Next Technical Meeting: 13 February, 12:30               Place: TBD