tlug: Merging Pine folders

I'm trying to figure out a way to merge some folders into Pine.  These
mail folders were copied from another computer, and some of them have
the sames names and/or overlapping content, and I would like to merge
them with my current Pine folder tree on this machine, ignoring
duplicate messages in folders that are the same, and adding the rest.
Does anyone know of a utility that has already been written that does
this?

If not, is this an achievable goal or will I need to do this manually?
If it's doable, I need some pointers on how I might do this in Perl (I
don't know enough C to have a chance of success).  Code snippets would
be especially great, and all advice is much appreciated.

TIA,

Jonathan

Next Technical Meeting: 12 December, 12:30 *** place TBA ***
IMPORTANT: TLUG is looking for a venue for the next meeting
if you could host in your university or office, please contact us
Next Nomikai: 15 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691