Re: tlug: libc5 buffer overruns

On Sat, 14 Nov 1998, Jonathan Byrne - 3Web wrote:

> There was a notice on freshmeat today that a couple of buffer overruns have
> been found in libc5 on Red Hat.  It affects 4.2 and older systems the most,
> but also affects some compatibility stuff in Red Hat 5.  More info and patches
> are available from the errata section on Red Hat's web site.

serves them right for using libc 5.3.12.  TL has 5.4.38, but I'm honestly
not sure if the buffer runs exist in 5.4.38.  Jonathan, if you'd like to
try the exploits on a TL system, you would become very large in my
estimation.

> Jonathan

> Next Nomikai: 20 November, 19:30   Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
> Next Technical Meeting: 12 December, 12:30 HSBC Securities Office
> more info: http://tlug.linux.or.jp Sponsors: PHT, HSBC Securities

Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)