Re: tlug: Re: Need info. about Japanese and Linux (OFF TOPIC!)

Jonathan Byrne - 3Web wrote:
> How about using a touch-sensitive screen?  Japanese ATMs do amazing things
> with those.  You can do a (domestic) wire transfer from any bank ATM using
> nothing but a touch-sensitive screen.  Would this be something
> applicable/useful to your situation?

I don't like touch screens. They get dirty after a short time and are
expensive.
But, I have to admit that I have no experience in the field so this
might be just prejudice on my part.
I really don't know how good/bad cheap/expensive they are.
I assume they require special monitors and that the objects that
the user manipulates (buttons, scroll bars etc.) must be quite
large.

We have a competitor that use a touch screen for their
interface. They never advertise this, though. Maybe it is a
weak spot... (just speculations)

/Fredric