Re: tlug: Source for mount, rsh, dd

On 5 Nov 1998, Frank Bennett wrote:

> I want to set up a simple back-me-up option in Lilo, that will
> load an initrd and execute a script that backs the system to a
> tape across the network, then reboots the system.
>
> For this, I want to compile static versions of mount, umount, rsh
> dd, tar, gzip and bash.
>
> I'm stumped on where the sources for mount, umount, rsh and dd
> are located.  Can anyone point me to the right bundle of
> utilities?

On a TurboLinux 2.0/3.0 or Redhat 5.0/5.1/5.2 system, most of them are in
the 'fileutils' package.  the others are in the 'tar', 'gzip', and 'bash'
packages :)  install the .src.rpms, and the original tarballs will appear
in /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES.

Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)