Re: tlug: About Glimpse and WebGlimse

On Thu, 5 Nov 1998, Chris Sekiya wrote:

> Which, I guess, begs a few questions:
>
> * Why weren't the localization patches rolled into the main distribution?
>   Offhand, I can't think of any Japanese localizations that were
>   eventually accepted by the package maintainers -- the packages just stay
>   forked.
>
> * Why don't the maintainers of the Japanese localizations stay in sync
>   with the non-localized package?  Too much trouble?

We're probably on the verge of having to re-route this to advocacy :-)

I'm not sure about the first question, but I theorize "economics" for the
second one.  With the Japanese economy the way it is, a lot of them may be
too busy with survival to work on their extracurricular activities making
Japanese patches.

Jonathan