tlug: linux.org down all week

and Jonathan Byrne - 3Web writes:

 > problem with it.  Linux.org isn't even part of the support network you are
 > disparaging.

Umm ... right. Doesn't anybody remember that linux.org's Michael
McLagan (sp?) is the guy who, several months ago, suddenly started up
his own organization to "standardize" Linux? I don't remember the
name, but among the new endearing qualities of the new organization's
website were:

* made with Microsoft FrontPage
* asked your salary as a condition for membership
* any writings contributed would become the exclusive property (as in
_proprietary_) of the organization

Not exactly what I would call a grassroots kinda guy.

Matt Gushee
Oshamanbe, Hokkaido
Next Technical Meeting: January, 1999 (details TBA)