tlug: Rumor of an Ichitaro Linux port by Just

Recently, I heard Just was planning an Ichitaro Linux port and that it
would be ready early next year. However, the person I heard this from
does not have an insider relationship. If Just did port Ichitaro, this
would be great for the Linux community because it would force all
other major Japanese software companies to follow suit. Considering
the unfair tactics Microsoft has used to undermine Ichitaro, a Linux
port seems to be a simple matter of logic. Whether Just is actively
considering a port or not, it should be encouraged to. Is there anyone
who knows more? More importantly, is there anyone who can offer
guidance in how to encourage this development if it is not being
already considered?

Hikaru

Next Technical Meeting: January, 1999 (details TBA)