Re: tlug: Waiting for SuSE [News item, not particularly technical]

On Fri, 30 Oct 1998, John De Hoog wrote:

> More than I month ago, I ordered the SuSE 5.3 distribution of Linux from the
> SuSE North America Web site. It still hasn't arrived. Soon after I placed my
> order, I heard of a week's delay in shipping to fix an installation bug. But
> that's not the only problem, apparently. Today I checked the Web site again
> and found this interesting message:
>
> "SuSE, Inc. apologizes sincerely for the recent delays in shipment. In
> recent weeks, we have been going through a transition with our phone system,
> our shipping service, and our customer service staff.
>
> "Now that we've both changed and expanded our customer service staff, we're
> confident that we'll be able to meet your needs from now on. In two weeks,
> we'll even have a new web site up and running, so stay tuned."
>
> *****
> Disclaimer: This is not a complaint against SuSE, Linux or the Linux
> community. I am not asking you to do anything about this. I'm just informing
> you of this situation in case any others of you are likewise waiting for
> SuSE, and also because it's probably amusing to Scott and Company.]
> *****

I've had so little sleep this week that a black and white spotted cow
standing sedately in a field is amusing to me.  Then again, that's always
been amusing to me....

Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)

Next Technical Meeting: January, 1999 (details TBA)