RedHat or TurboLinux (was Re: tlug: How to install Linux (Part 1))

Ulrike was planning to install RedHat 5.0, and I suggested
5.1. Several other people suggested TurboLinux, and I just wanted to
say that I agree TL is a good choice, possibly the best ... if I were
installing Linux on a brand new machine, I might very well choose it.

My main point was to avoid RedHat 5.0. I think most people who
installed it were sorry they did (I sure was!), and RedHat was sorry
they released it. 5.1 is more or less the system that 5.0 should have
been.

And Ulrike, I guess you've already installed 5.0. Well, think of it as
a learning experience.

Regards,
Matt
Next Technical Meeting: January, 1999 (details TBA)