tlug: Flightgear: open-source GPL flight simulator

Scott Stone writes:

 > It runs on most Unixen, including Linux, as well as Win32 and Mac.  source
 > is available.  a hardware-accelerator (3D) supported by MesaGL is
 > *required*, so I can't use it on my Riva yet :( .. anyway:
 >
 > http://www.flightgear.org

Did you also hear about golgatha
(http://www.crack.com/golgotha_release/)? It is a kind of 3D Command
and Conquer style game. It runs with 3dfx`s Glide library. They
resently released the source code after the company that makes it went
out of business. Since the glide library is available for win95/98/NT as
well you can also build it on those platforms.
It seams that buying a voodoo2 3d card becomes more and more attractive
for Linux users whereas NVIDIA is still reluctant to give out
information for hardware acceleration on there Riva 128 and TNT. They
even refuse to give them under an NDA agreement (XiGraphics asked for
that). Their argument is that there is no demand for it other than for
win95/98 systems and even with NDA and all their data sheets a
developer would need their continued support which they are not
willing to give for non win95 systems.
I hope that more games written for the glide library get ported to
Linux so that some of those other companies have to wake up.

Not that I have that much time to play games, but when there is time
I have to shut down Linux and boot that other OS.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
Department of Physics    | $B")(B $B#2#7#4!<#8#5#1#0(B
Toho University          | $B@example.com)A%66;T;0;3#2!<#2!<#1(B
Miyama 2-2-1, Funabashi, | $BElK.Bg3X(B  $BM}3XIt(B  $BJ*M}(B
Chiba 274-8510           |
Japan			 |
e-mail : mocm@example.com