Re: tlug: Re: excessive white space (was: TurboLinux on SlashDot)

On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, Rex Walters wrote:

> > Hey, I have an idea, let's modify majordomo a bit to filter _excessive
> > white space_ from TLUG posts - ie, numerous consecutive newlines, that
> > sort of thing. (hint to John :) ).
>
> Freeow!  This from someone with a 7 line sig who's posts frequently
> include more quoted text than new?!! :-)
>
> Extra (even excessive) white space is by far the easiest thing you can
> do to improve the legibility of your mail (or source code, for that
> matter) *without* chewing up bandwidth (blank lines only cost a byte).

you're missing my point, I think.  John's sig has about 50 blank lines in
it.  As for my .sig, I'll probably shorten it.  too many URLs in it
anyway.

               <sstone@example.com>
Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)

Next Technical Meeting: January, 1999 (details TBA)