Re: tlug: Quake 2 [was re: Netrek

Dave Gutteridge wrote:
> WHere can i get Quake 2 for linux? I tried the the Id Software site (which
> i think linked me to someone elses FTP), and the version i downloaded
> didn't work. Am i missing something here? If we can get a Quake game of any
> fashion going, then i'm in!

Do you have the files from the Quake CD?  Some of those are needed as
well.  I
think a CD of the files needed was floating around a TLUG meeting a few
months
ago (perhaps part of the library?).  Also, for single player games, the
Quake 2
CD needs to be mounted (but not for multiplayer or bot only games).

> Maybe we could get a multiplayer game going and solve this "advocacy
> list/linux community" issue once and for all!
Nothing to bring people together like trying to kill each other!  :)
--
Howard
Next Technical Meeting: January, 1999 (details TBA)