tlug: video card (was Mounting my cdrom's)

>> 2.When I try "mount /mnt/cdrom" I get this error:
>>   mount: fs type iso9660 not supported by kernel
>Do as follows:
># insmod /lib/modules/2.0.34-0.6/fs/isofs.o
># mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdb /mnt/cdrom

This worked! Thanks. Actually I've just realized I only tried it after
Scott's suggestions of "modprobe isofs" and "kerneld", so maybe they were
needed as well.

Once I could get to the CD, I installed Metro-X server (BTW, I got a 6 CD
set from InfoMagic with all kinds of stuff on it). The first time I missed
the graphics card option in the setup screen, so when I started X it just
gave me a grey screen with a small black X in the middle (mouse worked, but
keyboard didn't so I had to switch the power off).

Then I ran Xconfig again and chose "Generic   S3 ViRGE" as the graphics
card. Now X refuses to run, and the error log ends with:
 Fatal server error:
 *** None of the configured devices were detected.***

NT tells me all this about my graphics card: VIEWTOP 3D Titan 4000 for NT
4.0. S3 Incorporated, 4.1024.326.0026, 4.0.0, s3min.sys, s3trio3d.dll; S3
Trio3D, S3SDAC, 4Mb, S3 compatible display adaptor, 60Hz.

Is there an auto-detect-my-graphics-card program I can run?

Darren

Next Technical Meeting: January, 1999 (details TBA)