tlug: Updating the TLUG FAQ

Jim Schweizer writes:
 > Hi all,
 >
 > After last week's 'trouble' I decided to update the FAQ in regards to
 > appropriate and inappropriate posts to the main list. Comments are welcome:

But, you need to define what 'trouble' is. This is an accountability
now japanese begin to appreciate to induce change of faq. But I don't
know previous faq either.

To me it is the conflict between freedom of expression and
public interest. So again as I proposed before, I would like to
propose  this:

1) As most of broadcastting firm introduce, there should be
self-rating rules saying that it is off-topic in subject header. Then
you can say anything you want for original post.

2) But, replying to the original post doesn't go to the mail list. it
goes to news server accomodated to the topic. Only header infomation
goes to the mail list, but body of message only suggest where the
message is in the accomodating news server.

3) specified topic like other popular OS has a gateway to other mail
list or news list to send to and monitor response and retrieve the
messages to accomodating news server.

My principle is do not make rules you can't enforce and cherish
freedom of expression.
So far the rule that enforces is 25kbyte limit for posting, which
according to my proposal is routed to the news server.

Also if you split mail list please do not automatically subscribe
everybody on the list like someone did with tlug-surprise. For one who
is not interested, it is no more than spam. Or in case you do, please
let know the header spec beforehand, so I can modify procmailrc
accordingly

Regards,
Kei.

 > http://tlug.linux.or.jp/guide/tlug_user-guide-8.html
 >
 > Regards,
 >
 > Jim S.
 > Next Nomikai: 20 November, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
 > Next Meeting: 12 December, 12:30 Tokyo Station Yaesu central gate
 > Sponsor: PHT, makers of TurboLinux http://www.pht.co.jp
Next Technical Meeting: January, 1999 (details TBA)