Re: tlug: CODA distributed filesystem

>The client keeps a cache of files locally, and files in cache are
>accessible even if the network abruptly cuts out (or you yank the
>cable on your laptop and go home).  You can set priorities for

I read the overview (nice pictures) in the site whose URL you gave a couple
a couple of days ago. The thing I wasn't clear on was what happens when two
people are using the same file. My understanding was that this was allowed,
and when they both save their changes back it will intelligently combine
them if it can, otherwise human interaction is required.

That sounds a bit dangerous. I'd have thought if it was in one machines
cache (and not flagged as read-only) then everyone else should be refused
access to it. But then either you get problems with people hoarding files,
or you force the cache to be emptied regularly and then the cache becomes
less useful.

Darren