Re: tlug: Never mind the NFS, here come the CODA archives!

    Frank> Dismayed by the discovery that NFS requires that my users
    Frank> know and trust one another, I have spent my lunchtime
    Frank> trawling for alternative ways of centralizing data storage
    Frank> inside the Law Faculty here.  I had heard about AFS and its
    Frank> successor DFS, but then I found that there's no Linux
    Frank> server for either, and a client only for AFS.

Why not restrict who can mount stuff with /etc/netgroup?

You could probably still be attacked if someone was able to add a
machine with the same IP as one of the ones in the netgroup. Not so
difficult, just power off one member of the group and bring up you own
machine. :(

Well, I guess that does not work unless you can control physical
access to the machine. Not an option :(

Oh well.

	Andy