Re: tlug: sendmail question

Frank Bennett <bennett@example.com> wrote,

> Scott Stone <sstone@example.com> writes:
>
> > OK, if I have a linux box whose sendmail needs to route outgoing mail
> > through another smtp server (ie, it's behind a firewall of some sort),
> > how do you configure sendmail to do that?
>
> What is "SMART_HOST"?

Is that a real question or a disguised answer ;-)

	define(`SMART_HOST', hostname)

will do what Scott wants.  You may want

	MASQUERADE_AS(host.domain)

also if you want the mail to be labelled to be coming from
the forwarding host (otherwise, you may get trouble with
replying to the messages, as the machine behind the firewall
is used as the receiver -- which most certainly won't
work).  Some setup works fine for NotePC that are only
occasionally connected to the net.

Manuel