RE: tlug: Hot flash! Speaker fodder.

"Olinsky, Craig" <olinskyc@example.com> wrote,

> > > Or (paybacks are hell, aren't they) Manuel and I could host the
> > > meeting here in Tsukuba (saving wear and tear on the speakers) and you
> > > guys could make that nasty bus trip and have to leave before the
> > > ni-ji-kai like we always do.  ;-)
> >
> > Umm, there *is* a train that goes up there, isn't there?
> >
> 	Closest is the Joban-san / Arakawaoki station, but that is actually
> quite a distance from downtown (yes, there are no train stations in Tsukuba
> proper).  The bus (from Tokyo and/or Ueno station) ends up being more
> convenient, except for those of us with cars...

There is a local bus from Arakawaoki to Tsukuba Center (and
other places in Tsukuba), but for some destinations it is
faster to continue with the train on the Joban-line until
Tsuchiura and take the bus from there.

The bus is definitely more convenient; whether it is faster
or slower than the train depends on the traffic condition on
the highway (i.e., largely on the time of the day).  If you
choose the right time, it takes less than an hour from
Tokyo-eki.

Manuel