Re: tlug: beeps from motherboards again

Marcus Metzler wrote:

> On http://pcmech.pair.com/beeps.htm
> they say:
> 1-3-3      Same as AMI BIOS 2 beeps. Replace the motherboard.

Don't scare me like that! <g>  I hope they mean '...Same as AMI BIOS 2 beeps,
*may* need to replace motherboard...'

>AMI BIOS 2 beeps:.
>
>Your computer has memory problems. First, check video. If video is working,
you'll >see an error message. If not, you have a parity error in your first 64K
of memory. >Check your SIMMs. Reseat them and reboot. If this doesn't do it, the
memory chips >may be bad. You can try switching the first and second banks
memory chips. First >banks are the memory banks in which your CPU finds its
first 64K of base memory. >You'll need to consult your manual to see which bank
is first. If all of your memory >tests good, you probably need to buy another
motherboard.

Sean

Sean Bennett      < sean@example.com >
Nnet/Nakamura Shoji Co. Ltd.