Re: tlug: Kinput2 and Wnn6

> This is _definitely_ not the cause of the problem I am
> experiencing.  Wnnstat reports the following when I have six
> kterm windows and one instance of Emacs open, all of which are
> toggled to Japanese input mode:
>
> [bennett@example.com bennett]$ /usr/local/sbin/wnnstat
> ユーザ名:ホスト名       (ソケットNo.)   環境番号
> bennett:gulliver                (0)             0
> [bennett@example.com bennett]$

Then apparently Wnn6 is different from Wnn4 at least in terms of
counting connections. With a similar setup, Wnn4 wnnstat reports use
of two sockets -- one for kinput2 (available in multiple kterm
instances) and one for Emacs. Wnn4 jserver does recognize the number
of _client_ connections.

> The "connections" that are limited are client _machine_
> connections, not X-client connections.

Sorry, I wasn't clear about that. (Jserver uses 2227x/tcp, and X11
client connections have nothing to do with it.) The Omronsoft web page
simply says "single user, up to five connections." I was about to
purchase the single-user commercial license but didn't bother to learn
how their licensing scheme affected actual use -- whether I could run
jserver on one host and use it from another, what would actually
happen when I exceeded the number of connections, would preferred
conversions be lost beyond fifth connections, etc., etc.

--
Hiroshi Hasebe