tlug: Wine and Windows Printers

I have the feeling that I asked this before.  If so, please forgive me.  I
cannot find any reference to it in the list...  I may have biffed that
too.

I did the stupid thing two years ago and bought a HP Windoze printer.  I
know that windoze printers don't work under linux.  But, is it possible to
trick linux and print from Wine running on linux?  I mean, if the driver
works on Win95 is it possible to make it work under Wine?

Not that I want to start another discussion on this subject, but "I"
really want to wipe Windoze from my system, so if I can get some help from
Wine, then I can at least move to only using Linux with Wine for some
applications.  Eventually, I will purchase a real printer and completly
(spell?) wipe Bill's influence from my life.  This of course isn't just my
opinion, but in this e-mail I am only expressing my personal opinion.

TIA,

Eric S. Standlee
Kashihara City, Nara Prefecture, Japan
e-w.standlee@example.com