RE: tlug: tlug server latency

On 03-Oct-98 Scott Stone wrote:

> Entries such as this one: <snip>
> figure prominently in 'mailq -v' on the server.

OK, this sent me running for 'The Bat Book'  :) As I understand it (and my
knowledge of sendmail is limited) mail is queued only for those recipients to
whom delivery is not immediately possible, but if the s configuration option is
set to true, all mail messages are queued.

So, correct me if I'm wrong, if we set s to false wouldn't the message going to
remora.co.jp be the only one queued (and any others that are undeliverable)
allowing the majority of list to be sent?

I guess I need to study some more. How does majordomo effect the queue?

Regards,

Jim S.