Re: tlug: Interesting statistic

Howard Abbey <habbey@example.com> wrote:
>> There's a few things that make this data nearly-worthless for estimating
>> 'total web presence.'

Well, in the interest of generating even more meaningless statistics,
and because it was fun, I just added "HTTP_USER_AGENT to the variables
logged by my WWWJDIC server. It'll be interesting to see what sort of
machines the 2-3k of daily hits are coming from. In the minute or so
it's been running, there have been 4 Netscapes (2 W95, 2 SunOS),
1 Lynx (no OS reported) and 1 MSIE.
I just looked again, and there's been another Sun, a Mac PPC,  and a
Win98 MSIE. No Linuces, unless that was the Lynx.   8-)}

This is hardly going to be a typical population, but it will be
interesting to see the stats from a week or so.

Jim

--
Jim Breen        School of Computer Science & Software Engineering
Email: j.breen@example.com                Monash University