Re: tlug: Kernel rebuild problem

Kenny,

Thanks for the info. I mounted the fs of the old boot image, which shows
the scsi card was a module for 2.0.34. However, for 2.0.35 I have
configured it as part of the kernel, not a module. The scsi card is
correctly identified at bootup for 2.0.35, and it goes on to find my
external SCSI zip drive at bootup, but doesn't seem to find my hard
drive and CD-Rom!

After finding the zip drive, I get the cannot open console message.
Actually, as I write, this is starting to make sense. If it doesn't find
my HD, the zip beomes my "sda" (boot drive) rather than "sdb" and that's
why it fails to open an initial console.

So my problem is getting it to find the HD & CD-rom. I'll try and track
that down tonight.

Cheers,

Neil.