Re: FAQ Wizard and TLUG web site [was Re: tlug: NetWinder ?]

On Fri, 25 Sep 1998 craigoda@example.com wrote:

> From: Jim Tittsler <jwt-tlug@example.com>
> Subject: Re: tlug: NetWinder ?
> Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 18:04:38 +0900
>
> jwt-tlug> http://starship.skyport.net/crew/jtittsler/netwinder/faq.cgi
>
> That FAQ wizard is pretty inspiring.  Is it portable to other types
> of FAQs?  Maybe TLUG needs some technical energizing.  :-)
>
> On another note, I was wondering if it was advisable to try to put the
> entire TLUG site into a CVS repository and then distributing the responsibility
> of keeping documents up to date.  For example, I wanted to update the
> the TLUG Administration FAQ.  I've never actually put a live web site
> into a CVS and don't  know whether it can be done or not.  That FAQ wizard
> of Jim Tittsler's might be really good for a TLUG Technical FAQ.  There are so
> many awesome bits of technical information on the list.  The Glimpse search
> engine that Jim Schweizer put on the list is awesome, but a structured
> FAQ might be nice too.
>
> Craig  -  once again wishing he had the scripting prowess of Tittsler-san
>           so he could write something like th FAQ Wizard.

Where can I download this faq wizard?  I want to use it for the TL USA
tech support pages at some point, maybe.

BTW - a warning about CVS - it will NOT handle symlinks as symlinks - it
will FOLLOW them, so you can end up with multiple copies of the same
document if you're using symlinks and you're not careful.

PS - if anyone knows a way to make CVS not do this, please let me know :)

               <sstone@example.com>
Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)