Re: tlug: Re: Many Faces on Linux

On Fri, 25 Sep 1998, Marcus Metzler wrote:

> Scott Stone writes:
>
>  > company doesn't seem to even acknowledge its existence anymore (although
>  > they DO have a brand-new version of WingZ and some other stuff, also for
>  > Linux, available commercially.  Considering that it's received close to
>  > zero attention from the Linux community, I think that's a shame - I've
>  > always really liked WingZ ever since I used it in physics class at the
>  > University.
> Hmm, seems strange to use a spreadsheet in physics.

well, it does things like 3D plots and stuff, so that you can plug in data
points and get a graph of magnetic flux readings over a given surface,
etc.  We mainly used it for graphing data points.  WingZ is well-suited to
that sort of thing.

> Marcus

> Dr. Marcus Metzler
> Department of Physics    | $B")(B $B#2#7#4!<#8#5#1#0(B
> Toho University          | $B@example.com)A%66;T;0;3#2!<#2!<#1(B
> Miyama 2-2-1, Funabashi, | $BElK.Bg3X(B  $BM}3XIt(B  $BJ*M}(B
> Chiba 274-8510           |
> Japan			 |
> e-mail : mocm@example.com
> Next Meeting: 10 October, 12:30 Tokyo Station Yaesu central gate
> Next Nomikai: 20 November, 19:30  Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
> Sponsor: PHT, makers of TurboLinux http://www.pht.co.jp

               <sstone@example.com>
Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)