Re: tlug: Sony Vaio

    >> I've been taking but not follwing carefully the IrDA list, but
    >> IIRC correctly manufacturers who won't release their specs
    >> include Sharp, Toshiba, and Sony.  :-(

    Karl-Max> ??? If they comply to IrDA, there is not much to
    Karl-Max> release: the specs are publicly available from the IrDA
    Karl-Max> consortium.

According to Don Becker, those aren't specs, those are a Tom Clancy
novel.

Anyway, the problem is writing low-level drivers; all the specs are at
the other end (the physical IR emissions) and at the library call
level.  The IrDA project guys are implementing the software interface
for Linux, they can't use the manfrs' Windows 95 drivers, now can
they?

Institute of Policy and Planning Sciences        Tel/fax: +1 (298) 53-5091