Re: tlug: Mew on (X)Emacs the way to go?

I think it's time to move to a new MUA.

So far, I have been using Pine 3.96, with Mule (GNU Emacs) as the
default editor.  I use Pine from a kterm so that I can read Japanese.
Here is why I don't recommend this to anybody :

While writing this, I wanted to double check the version of Pine that
I was using.  To do this, I had to exit emacs, postpone my message, go
to the help, read the version, type `c' for compose, type `y' for
continue, and select the message to continue.  It's not bad after you
get it under your fingers, but... in my haste, I type C-c instead of
C-o for postpone, and accidentally erased my message.  Sonna baka na.
That's pretty bad for writing an email to complain about your MUA.

A while ago, I experimented with some other mail programs.  Most could
not handle Japanese.  As a reward for my efforts, I have the following
in my home directory---Mail, mail, nsmail, mbox, and RMail.  One of
the programs (I forget which), was nice enough to notice that Netscape
had `stolen' some messages, and replenished my /var/spool/ file with
250 duplicate messages.

If I use procmail to filter my messages as they arrive, how can I be
alerted that I have new mail?  I don't want to have to remember to add
a filename to my G/L/A/asmail file everytime I make a new folder.
Also, what is the best way to sort the mail mess in my home directory?
Should I `cat >>' all the files onto one big file and run procmail on
it?

Why should I switch from GNU Emacs to XEmacs?
RFC - This is from the XEmacs FAQ:
What is the status of Asian-language support, aka MULE?

The MULE support works OK but still needs a fair amount of work before
it's really solid. We could definitely use some help here, esp. people
who speak Japanese and will use XEmacs/MULE to work with Japanese and
have some experience with E-Lisp.

As the fundings on Mule have stopped, Mule part of XEmacs is currently
looking for a full-time maintainer. If you can provide help here, or
are willing to fund the work, please mail to <xemacs-beta@example.com>.