Re: tlug: Mew on (X)Emacs the way to go?

"Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@example.com> wrote:

>     >> Counter-opinion: HTML is bad in mailing lists, etc., but adds
>     >> an arguably useful dimension to email updates from Internet
>     >> magazines and newspapers, etc., such as those promoted by
>
> You've got to be kidding.  Except for the hotlinks, which have nothing
> to do with HTML (VM and Gnus both provide hotlinks to all email
> addresses and urls in your buffer on the basis of regexps), it's pure
> bandwidth waste.  What they should be doing is sending the mail as
> MIME external bodies so you can click on it and open your browser.

Doesn't really matter. If Linux is versatile, it has to support what
individual users want; and this individual user wants his In-box HTML
mail without having to use Netscape Navigator. I want it right in my
preview window. I ordered it, so why would I not want it? The technology
exists, and has for years, so why not take advantage of it?

Sorry, I find text-based "Web browsers" such as Lynx as exciting as
listening to the TV with my eyes closed; and the same goes for email
clients that can't give me the visuals along with the text.
--
John De Hoog
washi@example.com