Re: tlug: SSL for Apache web server

> My company has a plan to setup selling books and music CDs web site And
> I have to setup secure web server, that handles credit card information.
> I'd like to use Linux and Apache combination for this service, not the
> NT.
> It's a kind of experimental service. So we just handle 30 to 50 items.
>
> I checked 'Verisgin' Japanese office site. It's costs 85000 yen for 12
> months. I don't think it expensive for business use. However I do want
> to know other way to 'get secure server'.
>
> Is 'Verisgin' is the only way to get SSL code? If we decide that we
> don't need 128 encryption, 64 encryption is enough. Are there other
> company sells SSL code?

1. Ther is a free SSL package called SSLeay from Down Under (
well, some call it Australia.... ). It goes up to 256 byte
encryption, I think. It is the same group that makes
Cryptozilla, BTW.

2. Such a thing is in the works at OberlandNet. They simply
funnel all the sensitive info through PGP. If you want to have
it made by them, contact Peter Knoblach at pk@example.com with
greetings from me.

"It was hell. They knew it.          Karl-Max Wagner
  But they called it                 karlmax@example.com
    W-I-N-D-O-Z-E"