Re: tlug: Ugly fonts in Communicator mail

On Sep 16, 12:25pm, "Stephen J. Turnbull" wrote:
} Subject: tlug: Ugly fonts in Communicator mail

>> TurboLinux Pro provides the Ryobi TrueType fonts.  In order to use
>> them with Netscape, you need either a TrueType or VFlib X server or X
>> font server.  In the installation I have now, the Ryobi fonts don't
>> show up in xfontsel; I don't know why.  You may have to install a
>> separate X server or xfs with those features enabled.

Um, pardo nmy (probable) ignorance here, but doesn't xfontsel stick just
to what is coming out of the plain old X server? Does it ever show ttfs
from things like VFlib?

Jim

--
Jim Breen        School of Computer Science & Software Engineering
Email: j.breen@example.com                Monash University