Re: tlug: NTT's MN 128 mini Terminal Adapter

Scott Stone wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Sep 1998, Neil Booth wrote:
>
> > Is anyone using this TA with Linux?
> >
> > Is a special driver needed? (I have no idea how TAs work, or how to set
> > one up).
> >
> > Thanks for any help / info.
>
> if it's external, just plug it into the serial port and use it like a
> regular modem.  Use 115200 as your port speed.  If you have a real 128k
> connection, you'll need to buy a special high-speed serial card that can
> do 230400 and faster port rates.

Thanks for your reply. It is external, and has a serial port connection.

I'm not using any modem with my Linux machine at present. I just wanted
to check there is no need for a driver or anything like that before
paying up for the line to be changed.

So just plug it in, and run some configuration software (what exactly?),
and it works?

Cheers,

Neil.