Re: tlug: world clock

Hi all,

On 14-Sep-98 Jim Tittsler wrote:
>> Years ago, on an OS far far away I had a shareware GUI world clock
> Do you need the times?  I run xearth all the time as my root window,

I like xearth, but I have colormap problems with it when I start netscrape or
xfmail. It's kind of a pain to have to kill xearth, setroot, then start another
greedy X program, then start xearth again...

Basically, all I want is a small app that will open a window and show me the
time of where each member of my immediate family is (at the moment, 5 time
zones). I was hoping that something along those lines had already been ported
to linux.

On 14-Sep-98 Scott Stone wrote:
> I'll help you make a perl/Tk version :)

Great! If one hasn't already been written, let's do one. :)

> you mean like the one in WinCE, right?  that is kind of a handy little
> gizmo.

Well, the one I was referring to came off a CICA Shareware 2/95 Walnut Creek
CDROM.

As Scott says, "it's a handy little gizmo."

Regards,

Jim S.