Re: tlug: Building a Linux box...

On Sat, 12 Sep 1998, Sean Bennett wrote:

> Hi all;
>
> I'm planning on heading to Tokyo next week, and am hoping to
> piece together a Linux system from used pieces;
>
> Can whose who know the backalleys of Akihabara recommend
> some shops to checkout for used/outdated components; the
> system will strictly be low budget - most likely 486, 30pin
> simms, etc...
>
> I'll also be keeping my eye open for a used notebook (poss.
> a Liberetto or Fujitsu NC series?) - if anyone has any
> leads...
>
> Finally, the best location for English unix/computer books
> in Tokyo...

The books you can probably find at Kinokuniya in Shinjuku.  Go out the
south exit from Shinjuku station and go over to Takashimaya.  go around
the back and there's a walkway over to Kinokuniya.  Go to 6F and turn
left, walk past the registers, and you're baiscally there.

               <sstone@example.com>
Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)