Re: tlug: mkisofs v1.12 -J option

Scott Stone writes:
 > On Wed, 2 Sep 1998, Kei Furuuchi wrote:
 >
 > > Scott Stone writes:
 > >  > On Mon, 24 Aug 1998, Kei Furuuchi wrote:
 > >  >
 > >  > > Have anyone used -J option when wrote a cdr and checked it with
 > >  > > Win95?
 > >  > >
 > >  > > Rgds,
 > >  > > Kei.
 > >  >
 > >  > yes - all the TurboLinux 2.0 J and USA CDs are burned with it.  We tested
 > >  > it under Win95 directly, and also by exporting it from a W95 box and doing
 > >  > an SMB install onto a test machine (which was the functionality that we
 > >  > were aiming for by doing -J in the first place).
 > >  >
 > > Thanks,
 > > It worked.
 > > Another question:
 > >
 > > 1) Do not -r and -J options conflict? As long as it is Linux version
 > > which supports J, it does not. But, what about other version which
 > > only supports -r?
 >
 > then it's a moot point, because if it only supports -r, then by definition
 > it doesn't support -J, so it can't conflict.  the -r (isn't that iso long
 > filenames?) usually makes my images fail an isovfy, so I never use that.

I meant if -r and -J in "mkisofs -a -f -f -r -J -o xxxxx ." can
coexist. To me it seems since the image file size is different from
respective option. But I can't be sure because I don't rather go back
down in version. But you know since you do extensively support many
cases like installing from netbios or appletalk or nfs supporting long
names.
Currently it doesn't concern me. So in a way, it is meaningless
question. But, I just wondered.

Rgds,
Kei.