Re: tlug: Next Microsoft product...?

<19980901111558K.andy@example.com>の記事において
andy@example.comさんは書きました。
>> Not to start a flame war, but what is you definition of big? I would
>> have thought that 27k was reasonable. Granted, that 27k to all the
>> recipients of the list, so in aggregate total, its a fair bit of
>> bandwidth.
>>
>> Is the the size of the attachment that you had to download that lights
>> your torch, or is the overall bandwidth used?
>>
>> Just curious as what you and others feel is the correct etiquette?

Majordomo config file for tlug-ml on tlug server limits the size of
mail to 40000 bytes, and any mail item exceeding this size will not
be distributed but forarded to the mail list owner.  This 40000 bytes
is Majordomo default and so I assume the author of Majordomo does
not think 40k "too big".

At office I often receive non-compressed large mails of several
hundred K from colleagues (many are getting through dial up RAS) ...
this is really troublesome.

Ken Harada (原田 健)
Hayama, japan
kenhrd@example.com       http://www.hayama.net/~kenhrd/
Member of:
	Internet Mutual Aid Society of Yokohama (IMASY)
	Tokyo Linux Users Group (TLUG)