Re: tlug: SCSI cables and PCMCIA hosts

On Mon, 31 Aug 1998, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> I'd like to try to drive my HP ScanJet IIcx with the Sparc ELC
> (donated by Little-known company ;-) it has a shoebox disk drive
> enclosure).  Anybody know where I can get D-50 to amphenol/Centronics
> cables (or D-50 to anything modern adapters)?  As usual, shopping
> around Tsukuba produces the "what's that!?  I never saw anything like
> that before!" (OK, actually it's "ittai nandai?")
>
> I'm just about to go order a PCMCIA SCSI host; the only ones by a
> reputable (if not on this list, eh, Chris?) manufacturer that I've
> seen are Adaptecs; in particular, Mylex/Buslogic doesn't seem to make
> one.  Any other choices?  Recommendations?

I've had good luck with the APA-1460.  The APA-1480 Cardbus model will
work as well, if you have TL 2.0 (you do) or a system with a recent
pcmcia-cs with the cardbus support turned on.. and you have a supported
cardbus controller...

ah, go for the 1460 - the 1480 is a lot of $$ anyway.

               <sstone@example.com>
Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)