Re: tlug: 3-color picture

On Mon, 31 Aug 1998, Domenico Carlucci wrote:

> HI,
>
> I know that the question might seem strange, but
> does everyone knows if there is program which allows me to
> have a three-color picture, decoded with three numbers (0,1,2)
> os something like that? I mean, I would like to have a matrix
> whose elements are three values and a program who let me read
> such matrix as a colored or gray-level picture...

You could do it with an xpm, and the Xpm functions available in the XPM
library, OR, and this is probably better, get libungif and use the GIF
routines, since GIFs store the pixel values in their data array (for an 8
bit gif, at least).  xpms are a little more screwy, IMHO.

               <sstone@example.com>
Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)