tlug: NCFTP and passive mode

Can NCFTP be forced into passive mode?  I'm behind a firewall and routinely
need to ftp to hosts on the other side of it.  I have "Can use passive mode"
enabled in my NCFTP bookmarks, but there is no command "passive" or "PASV"
listed on the NCFTP command menu, and sure enough, typing either of those
triggers an "invalid command" message.  The man page doesn't seem to have any
info on actually getting it into passive mode, just mention of the existence
of enabling or disabling the possibility in the bookmarks.

TIA for any help on this,

Jonathan Byrne
Media and Content Section
3Web - Your Internet Solution! <URL:http://www.threeweb.ad.jp/index.en.html>