Re: tlug: PJE

> Shiver.  The microwave makes a nice ease-of-use model for nuclear
> weapons from the point of view of the NSA and Omar Bin Raddin.  I'm

The microwave oven actually in itself is a highly dangerous
thing. Unfortunately most users are totally unaware what's going
on inside: it's high power microwaves in the most dangerous
frequency range ( 2.45 GHz ) imaginable ! If the interlock
switch in your oven fails and you manage to turn the thing on
with the door open your chances of survival are really dim. Most
probably your eyes will fail within seconds and then you'll
receive a major brain damage.

If you think of terrorism, try this: Disable the interlock
switch and remove the door. Mount the oven with the opening
against the entrance door of your flat in head's heigth of the
average person. If somebody turns up outside you want to kill
turn it on full power and talk with the guy a few seconds. In a
few tens of seconds the person will have been killed by the
radiation.

Well, of course.... DON'T DO THAT AT ANY RATE !!!!!!!! This is a
thought experiment only to demonstrate the lethal potential of
an ubiquitous electric appliance. However, it shows clearly that
not knowing how a piece of equipment works can present a lethal
danger if something goes wrong.

I personally would like microwaves not being so widespread. I
just am happy that accidents with them are extremely rare.

Luckily terrorists seem to be technically totally clueless.
Otherwise they would discover that modern, generally available
technology has a truly breathtaking potential for terrorism and
we would have to live in constant fear.

"It was hell. They knew it.          Karl-Max Wagner
  But they called it                 karlmax@example.com
    W-I-N-D-O-Z-E"