Re: tlug: PJE

On Fri, 21 Aug 1998, Michael Chiu wrote:

>> with these little software turds.  Doubtless one of the reasons Windows 95 is
>> a lot more stable if you re-install it from scratch once or twice a year.
>
>Are you kidding me?  With that kind of frequency of change, you're
>liable to get into a lot of trouble... Try more like re-installing and
>starting from scratch like once or twice a month... at least it's like
>that for me... :D  ok... I'm exaggerating a bit, to be fair... but I
>think I do a format c: at least once every 3 months...

What do you use that machine for?  I find that I can go for about a year
before a resintall starts getting necessary.  I'm at 7 months with one crash
on my K6-166 with Windows 95-J, build 950A.  That crash was caused by the
infamous Internet Phone, which I can't live with but can't live without,
either :-(

>but I think you guys are crazy for not using uninstallers in your
>Windows boxes... your HDD will fill up way too fast if you don't...

I do use one from time to time, but it's not very good.  Gotta buy a better
one someday.  Anyway, my 3.2 GB disk is still only half full, so . . . :-)

Cheers,

Jonathan Byrne
Media and Content Section
3Web - Your Internet Solution! <URL:http://www.threeweb.ad.jp/index.en.html>